Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tea Time

"There are few hours in life more agreeable
than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
                                   ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

     What a busy weekend and now I feel like relaxing, but of course I can't because a new week has started! Oh well. Lucky there are some things readily available in life to soothe the senses and calm the spirit. In the winter time I love a cup of herbal tea with a cookie in the evening. I'm not sure if it's my English ancestry, my Mother was born in Yorkshire, or the fact that my Nana is a Naturalist and encourages the drinking of herbal tea as a remedy for many ailments, but I think it is very comforting. Now that it is spring my fancy turns more towards melons and popsicles, nevertheless today's photos are of some of my favorite pieces of 'Tea Time' china - tealess - but no less pretty. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment