Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Dresser Pots

"And so with the sunshine and
the great bursts of leaves growing
on the trees, just as things grow in
fast movies, I had that familiar 
conviction that life was beginning
over again with the summer."
               ~F. Scott Fitzgerald,
                    The Great Gatsby

   The roses are finally out in the garden! All of this heat we have been having has coaxed them out. I'm not used to the warm weather - there have definitely been more trips to the store for watermelons, popsicles, and those fabulous little Haagen Daaz mini ice cream cartons lately! The joys of summer! 
   I wanted to share some photos I took of our collection of dresser pots. I am IN LOVE with antique porcelain dresser pots and powder jars. They are getting very hard to find! Between my Mum and I we barely have half a dozen and we are always searching for more. They remind me of chic ladies sat at their dressing tables draped in satin and lace and a powder puff in their hand. I wonder if they really were filled with powders and creams? I love to keep jewelry and trinkets in them or little flowers. Here are just a few photos of them! I hope everyone is having a happy July!  















8 comments:

  1. These are so charming. I have some myself but could use more because they really are so practical as well as being pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sarah! I love to use vintage pieces to hold all of my trinkets, pins, and bits and bobs. I like to have something pretty to look at where ever I turn!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. What a very charming post. Love this pictures and your china!
    All my best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Elisabeth! It is so lovely to hear from you!
      Warm wishes,
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. What lovely vignettes! The pastel roses are so pretty. My grandmother kept powder and bits and bobs in hers, and hat pins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely! Thankyou for visiting and for your sweet comment!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  4. Wonderful posts you have very inspiring to see such beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete