Friday, February 26, 2016

Pink Stripes and Polka Dots

"No winter lasts forever;
no spring skips its turn."
               ~Hal Borland


  I have had a cold all week and been thoroughly sick of being sick! This morning I woke up feeling blue when suddenly two lovely friends showed up on my doorstep with a box of chocolate croissants and a get well present in pretty flowery gift wrap and my spirits did a complete about face! A little bit of love (and pastries) can make all the difference in the world! I have been saving up a few pretty pictures to share. I was thrilled to come across another Charbonnel et Walker chocolates box - this one has pink stripes! I also found a little square box with a pink lid and polka dots. I should mention I have a weakness for pretty boxes (in case you didn't already know). The lovely vintage picture of the Marie Antoinette style Lord and Lady was a find from my recent treasure hunting trip. I haven't decided yet whether I am going to part with it. :) The beautiful vintage card with the pansies is from my friends this morning. They certainly know me well! I hope you are all having a lovely week and looking forward to spring as much as I am! 






This lovely little table was also a find on my recent antiquing trip. 














4 comments:

  1. Hope your cold goes soon so you feel back on form! How very nice of your friends to treat you. Love the pictures - the cup, bowl and brooches are lovely. I am a pretty box fan too and love my Charbonnel boxes :-) Have you seen the decorated ones yet? You would love them. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful and romantic. Thank you the inspiration. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely romantic treasures. Love those hand painted oval pieces. Are they pins or tiny covered boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you're feeling better Jennelise...l can totally see how the chocolate croissants would have lifted your mood:-) The ribbon roses in the bowl are gorgeous as is the Lord and Lady print, what a fantastic pickup...also the handpainted porcelain buttons? on the truffle box are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete